Thank you to everyone who joined us Dundee on 25th May. We’d love to hear your feedback via our 60-second survey
A design revolution is sweeping the globe. It is a revolution worth £72 billion to the UK economy alone. It is a grassroots business revolution – businesses who are embracing design in every aspect of their working day, implementing design as a fundamental strategic imperative and proving how design can be the guarantor of innovation, growth and economic opportunity.
On 25 May 2016, the Design Revolution came to Dundee – the UK’s first and only UNESCO City of Design. Together, V&A Museum of Design Dundee and Design in Action profiled a range of pioneering design-led businesses, adventurous design cities, and global academic partnerships.
Design Revolution showcased the rewards design can bring to our businesses and our economy.
Speakers and topics included:
- Stephen Miller, Design Council: UK Design Economy – Financial Impact and the Opportunities for Business
- Dr Claudia Nicolai, Hasso Plattner Institute, Potsdam: Changing Organisations Through Design Thinking
- Prof. Jon Rogers, University of Dundee: An Open Internet of Things
With talks on from UNESCO Cities of Design:
- Shenzen, China; Helsinki, Finland; Graz, Austria; St. Etienne, France
- How to brief a designer
- Connected High Street: Design on the Ground
- Designer speed-dating for businesses
- ‘Block Exchange’ – Cryptocurrencies e.g. Bitcoin
- How to embed design in your business and why you should care
- IP, therefore I am: A pragmatic guide to protecting your Intellectual Property.